Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back From Vegas...

Well, we have survived as long as we know how to love I know we will stay alive, oh wait we are not singing, that is something else.

Really though we made it. My nephew is one little cutie pants. Can I tell you though Utah has a lot of slug bugs. When we started playing slug bug a number of years back I let H get away with using convertibles, motorcycles and PT Cruisers because we were having a hard time finding enough for him to be happy to play the game. Well with the rise in gas came more Beetles so it really became obsolete in having to have the others, but you try telling a very particular little boy that he can't use what he started with. Down in Vegas we hardly saw any slug bugs, but boy once we got up to about Happy Valley let the slug bugs roll. My sister and I play the original but when we are in competition with the boy we play with the additionals.

Anyway the trip was good, it was nice to see my sister I am excited she is moving up closer to us. I know I am not close to everyone in my family mainly because of pasts incidents but I really enjoy the family no matter how annoying and crazy they may be. They all add in to my life and I am really glad H has got to be so close to all of them. It would be nice to see them more often.

As for adding any to my family, it was great having that baby smell (although my sisters would probably call it a spit up smell, they crack me up at how icky they find that stuff) but it is one of may favorite smells. I just don't know if I could go all through it again (of course that was if there is a man in the picture to play that part in the first place, so lucky me there is not at this point). H would make the best big brother in the world but I think when it comes down to it he likes being by himself. We come home and he likes to be by himself and likes to just have time with me, I remind him that would not be the case should there be another and he then agrees that maybe we are fine just the way we are. That is when we quote Lilo and Stitch saying we are small and broken, but still good.

H got one of his nasty headaches, sure I don't think all the sun and heat in Vegas helped but he gets terrible migraines to the point that he gets sick to his stomach. His man crush on my sister's husband got him up from his relaxing so that didn't help either. He was so excited his uncle taught him how to throw a football, it was great, we talked about that over ice cream tonight after we got back. He was even more excited that he got to play this video game with Andrew, that was the highlight of the trip. Pictures to come later, got to get things together since we are home now.

I apologize, I did not do a sign off on the last post, it was late at night and I got told I needed to edit it so I had to get back in and all so it completely spaced my mind. So to make up the one tonight is from The Soup, Joel is playing Miley Cyrus (it's still a felony) in some movie of the week or something like that, if you watch you would understand.

Because every adult man is hiding a teenage girl inside of them, not like in a basement or something, that would be weird.

2 comments:

Norah said...

I'm glad you home and I'm glad you had fun! We've got exciting news to share but its up to Nathan to tell everyone. I'm sure he'll be calling later tonight. Nathan and the twins want to get together so maybe after the Easter egg dive we should try getting together.
Also I keep bugging Mary about getting together for Easter but she has not responded so let me know. I was thinking maybe if the weather was really nice we could go to a park for an egg hunt and a few other fun ideas. Or my backyard works too. LMK.

fmandds said...

What my lovely sister means by "she has not responded" is that I haven't planned it out weeks in advance and told everyone about it. I say this because I beleive when the question was asked I said sure. Anyhoo, I digress.

How did the boy like Twilight? Is the "man crush" worse or better? Inquiring minds want to know.