Friday, March 27, 2009

Man Crush Lives...

So besides H being in love with his uncle Andrew ( I think that this just stems from Andrew giving him the time of day when it comes to video games) he is also in love with Edward. We bought the movie while in Vegas and H got his taste of the movie finally. He has been obsessed by it because of the clips we were able to download and put in his iPod. His favorite scene is when Edward saves Bella from being crushed. He is also really crazy about the Twilight spoof from youtube and he really likes the Dark Knight spoof too (he is not happy I won't let him watch the movie because he says he would like it, not for little kids, still too young for that).

So before we had the movie we had the soundtrack, anyone who really knows me knows I could listen to a song I like more times than I can count. I really like all the songs on this sound track. Well H has the same bug in him too and we have pretty much listened to it everyday since we got it (only breaks in the morning because I LOVE the local radio show RFH). If H hears the song away from the soundtrack he can tell you exactly what number it is on there. So while watching the movie as the songs came into play H would call out a number, it took me a few before I realized what he was doing but he was telling me the track number from the soundtrack (I know I freaking have Rainman for a son).

Well tonight we watched the movie again because I wanted to see the extras and whatnot (besides H is not the only one who can have a man crush right), we watched the videos of some of the songs. Well the director Catherine had explained before the Paramore "Decode" video that their singer really liked the series and was such a huge fan of the books and more or less begged and pleaded to be able to make a few songs for the movie. While watching the video H stops turns and looks at me and asks "Why isn't Mary on the movie then, she is a big fan too". It had to be explained that Mary is not famous so just because she is a fan of the movie and may have wanted to be part of the movie I really didn't think she would have no matter how hard she tried. Then we had to discuss why the video was shot in the forest, he may be Rainman but he just gets fixated.

So to answer your question dear, he liked the movie, I wouldn't say it was a love of the movie but he did like it. He had his favorite parts and then there were parts where little things had to be explained, he would confuse it sometimes with the spoof but over all he would give it one thumbs up. If he loved it there would be two (probably an inside joke only I would ever get because that is something the boy would say).

Also just so I can blog about something other than Twilight, I sent the boy out to take the dog to the bathroom yesterday. When I caught up with them to go to take the dog for a walk I saw H peeing outside and no he was not even trying to hide it. I asked what we was doing, "I am just helping nature grow" was the response I got. I tell you that boy will be the death of me. He must have been really tired, I just put him in bed a matter of minutes ago and he is asleep already.

From the first Karate Kid (at least I think, I don't remember for sure), "Never put passion before principle, even if you win you will lose".

2 comments:

Bean said...

My daughter Lexie loves Edward! You shuold go check out her blog it's one of my side links called Hangin' with Lexie. She also wants to go and get her hair cut just like Alice Cullen.

fmandds said...

I love that he loves the Twilight Spoof. Those guys are the greatest. Oh man, how I wish I totally could've been in the movie. I can't believe he asked that though. Haha!