Monday, December 21, 2009

I have taught the boy nothing...

So I feel like I am a failure as a mother, and no it has nothing to do with me not providing for my child (because other than my nephews I have not met another spoiled boy who gets what he wants), it has more to do with having him not able to tell the difference between Whitney Houston "I want to dance with somebody" and Michael Jackson "Thriller". For some unknown reason when we were listening to Whitney on the CD we popped in he turned to me and said "I love this song, you know Thriller by Michael Jackson". They couldn't soung anymore different than if they tried.

Now I know he gets this from me, I have a bad habit of not remembering things very well. I confuse actor's real life names and screen names continously, I figure if I come close or you know what I am talking about then I am good. When I can actually pull it off some people I know don't believe me anyway and have to verify what I have told them (No I am not actually pointing fingers at you yet Mary, Ally McKay or Ally McBeal what is the difference really).

H has got on to northpole.com tonight too and I have found out that not one thing I have bought for him this year is really what he wanted because what he had originally asked for was a journal, well now they are all completely different things. I asked him about a video game I got him tonight, he said that he would like it okay but it was not his choice. Seriously I think he is going to be disappointed in Christmas because he is not getting what he wants or a better way to put it what he is wanted at the time.

But overall he is a good kid, I know he will put on a happy face and be happy with what he got and he loves to choose out what we get to take to the shelter every year because he knows that will make other people happy too but it is just a parent thing when you want to make your child happy. Given that I don't have many years left to make Christmas magical, I just need to accept that he will be happy and I don't need to get him all that he wants.

Also how in the world did I decide that we would make our pajamas this year, and no I cannot make a snowflake out of fabric so they are snowballs (or really just polka dots) but I will carry on and try to get them complete so we can wear them for Christmas Eve.

He is looking forward Christmas Eve too, he is so happy that I won't be working (yes, many, many late nights recently so I am really thankful he has been so patient with me) and it will be a long weekend for the two of us.

3 comments:

fmandds said...

I wasn't taking a shortcut in my typing. The song title is spelt "I Wanna Dance With Somebody". Just thought I'd point out another failure. Hee. Truth be told, you do super awesome.

Norah said...

I think your an awesome mom! Although I don't think my boys are as spoiled as you think. I also know they will disagree with you on that comment.

Sarathi Banking said...

It's nice to see. Thanks for sharing your blog...