Thursday, January 14, 2010

Family math night...

So even with all the work I have been doing (of course it is only work if I can stop having complete melt downs and crying) there have been a few precious moments with H this past week. I don't mind working but it is so very important that my son knows he is the world to me and he truly will come before work when it is important to him.

This comes to Family Math Night at school (before this we had to work together to get his snowman decorated so he could put in on the board to show me come parent teacher conference), we went tonight. The joy on his face for him to see me pick him up from daycare is enough to kill me sometimes, but it is what is needed to get done in order to make our life better. We went to grab sandwiches and ate before heading over.

Even though the instructions and directions on where to go were right there, it was like a scavenger hunt to him. We had to find the way to the classroom. I beat him really good in one of the games (it was a mistake to let him win so many times before because he cries sometimes if he doesn't win with me) but he beat me on the other. He finally did decide that he wanted to try out the "Smarter than a... whatever grade you were in" and I actually remembered some things and once he was able to figure out how to work the controller (you think the principal would have offered some sort of instructions) we did rather well. Which led back to one more classroom for more games and yes I was winning but then forfeited many hands so he could win (I then started pulling out the correct cards for him to get higher up in points). He was so proud to beat me on that one, but is it really beating me when I set him up?

All in all we had a total blast, I am so glad I made this night for him, he is a good kid and I wouldn't change him for the world. Now he did mention that one of his friends plays a game that kind of freaks me out and I mentioned that to him (something along the lines of a devil game, devil's peak or something like that) and he turned to look at me and said "yeah, it kind of freaks me out and he totally embarrasses himself in front of 10 people", but I good thing it is only 10 and not the whole school right.

No comments: