Saturday, April 24, 2010

Oceans...

Well we like to hit up the Disney Nature movies during the first week because during the first week they donate the proceeds to back to the earth. We did get to see "Oceans" and my son is quite the little google guide. I don't think I have ever expressed how much he loves the ocean and ocean creatures. I thought I had a love of it, I pale in comparison to him. Even though he did get some of the shout outs in the movie last night wrong, he still knew way more than I did (and yes by shout outs I do mean we are one of "those" people in the theatre, more because the boy does not understand he should be quiet during a movie and when he has something to say it just gets said).

His love of the ocean does come from me in the most part, my only dream is to make a trip to Hawaii in the not to far distant future. I love fish (not eating them by any means) and would love to live by the ocean one day and just venture out to the beach and hang out all day. He has numerous books regarding Sharks and other sea life and he does actually read them and loves to just call out the knowledge that he retains (I am jealous of his learning habits and only wish it was that easy for me).

Our trip to Sea World was one of the best trips he ever had and we talk about it all the time. We are looking forward to our vacation this year, he deserves a wonderful trip for being so kind and letting me work as hard as I have been able to while we got a new accounting program, he has stayed out of trouble and has had to deal with me coming home in a terrible mood.

Oceans is a great movie, they did have a more powerful "green message" than "Earth" from last year, but it was beautifully shot. Can't wait until it comes out on DVD.

No comments: