Sunday, February 8, 2009

See, hanging in there....

Ah ha, this is twice now this year. So far so good. Month end came and went, wow, combine that with 1099's. I work too much. I joke with my sister saying "Damn our parents and their work ethics". Why couldn't I have been one of those employees that decided well the day is done, I should be done. No I decided I felt bad that boss lady was staying late so why not I. Sure part of that guilt comes from her trying hard to get me a raise and a new position title, one that I was told I had years ago, the raise is just an added bonus. Of course it did me more good than her to work so late and hard on it too because I remember her being hospitalized only a couple of years ago, so I think me taking some of the stress off of her so she does not have another heart attack or stroke only helps me in the long run.

Well today we celebrated my older brother-in-law and my oldest nephew's birthday. Baseball diamond cake and a Mr. Potato Head cake. I must say baby sis does a good job with cakes, we have taken a sort of hiatas from cake making but I miss it. I should get back in to just making cakes and taking them in occasionally. As stressful as it is it really is relaxing in the long run.

To make my sister feel better too even as embarrassed as I am to admit it, I actually like the twilight series. Currently I am re-reading it, I really like them all but I really enjoy "New Moon". I find myself smiling through it. Now the part that I will never be able to read again is when Charlie gets to meet up with Bella after her transformation. I had to stop like three times to get through it. Not sure why it touched me so but it did. But all is well now. I hate to admit it but she made me an Edward fan. I always thought Angel would be my one and only vampire but I have really fallen in love with Edward now. My boy is disappointed in me.

All is well hope to share more at another time, H wants to make a posting too in the future.

Peace Out!!!

2 comments:

fmandds said...

Lets start a club of some sort where each month we'll design a cake around a theme and then meet to look at them. I agree, even though some cakes are stressful it is really relaxing still. I'm glad you took the classes with me. Thanks for saying my cakes looked good.

I look upon the whole Charlie meeting Bella, once she is turned vamp, somewhat sort of a parent seeing their child achieve their dream. I know it sounds stupid because "dreaming of becoming a vamp" is sort of silly, but everyone needs to keep in mind that the book is fiction. But I think that is the emotion/effect that the author wanted to share there.

Want me to elaborate on my some of my favorite parts? It might mean I need to type the whole books...(notice the plural?)

mama_g said...

I think I have many favorite parts in all of the books. It is nice to be able to "dream" and "escape" the world at times. I know he was not your favorite person in the books but I really like Jacob. I don't think she would have been able to love Edward as much had she not had the relationship that she had with him.

I just finished the part where he is caught reading Wuthering Heights, so I am really curious if he was reading the part that Bella saw or if there was another part. One will only hope she ever finishes.

My next cake I need to do is more of a charity case. It is for a friend at work who has a little boy who has never been able to enjoy a real birthday cake because of his allergies. I am looking up recipes and I want to make him a character type cake for him to enjoy. I took Nathan's enjoyment as inspiration, every child should enjoy a character cake, allergies or not.

Let us not forget our true inspiration for cake decorating, but the lovely Thomas cake!!!! Rock Sister Girl!!!!