Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day one of working out...

I bet I get to start this over because I keep telling myself I will be working out, but don't get around to it. I tend to find life gets in the way as well as my own complete laziness.

I have been really trying to do good and not eat out as much during the week, in fact everyone has made fun of me because I have brought in a green apple, an orange and a kiwi at work to eat for lunch/snacks everyday this past week. I also had some cottage cheese and have had a bowl of oatmeal two days for breakfast. Then I have been cooking more at home in the evening. Yes, they are pre-packaged or come from a box but at least I am cooking right? For the most part H has liked most of the meals and he is really good at encouraging me to cook more by nodding his head saying "mmmm" when we sit down to eat. I do have my break down days where I just don't feel like I have the energy to cook then get the animals taken, get homework done and try to clear a path so I am not killing myself while walking around my house. All this after I work a 9 - 10 day because I feel that my boss lady (BL) doesn't seem to have the same type of work ethics I do at times. Really if that could count as excercise I think I would be weighing next to nothing.

My goal is to run a 5k and get it complete before H runs his kidsK. I think he will want to run the 5k eventually with me but I want to make sure I keep it fun and light for him. He still talks about the time that he did the 5k instead of the walk with us in Clearfield like it happened yesterday. The boy will be the death of me.

Well thanks to my sister she talked me out of bed and I made my way out for excercise. Of course I needed to come back and take a nap because I got exhausted, but one day in a step of many.

Going to check on the update from my other sister, regarding their Disneyland trip.

3 comments:

Norah said...

Good for you! I need to motivate myself to get out and exercise. I've been doing the wii fit but I don't think its enough.

And good for you on cooking meals. I swear the reason I am as big as I am is Don and I got in the habit of eating out way too much. That and soda pop.

fmandds said...

Woo hoo to my sisters! I will work on the two of you to one day complete a marathon with me. What sucks is that I am starting from scratch again. I can't believe I let myself again.

SessionsFam said...

Let's have a reunion! I need to follow your examples! Maybe we could start with a walk? :)

Tauna