Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day of cooking...

Oh my goodness, I have spent the whole day cooking or baking which ever you want to call it. I was asked by my lovely boy to make apple pie a few days ago. I made the pie dough from the recipe of my mother's which I just love and it has many memories for me. Well I came to find out that the little boy only wanted the pie made so badly was because he wants to throw a pie at his Aunt Mary's face. I compromised and made a whole bunch of mini pies (made in a muffin tin) and told him he and I can have a food fight with them before he left for his dad's.

As if the pies were not enough I also made bread, that turned out pretty well too.

Then to top it all off instead of us getting to make our pizzas last night because we went bowling instead so we made the pizza tonight for dinner so I made the crust from scratch too. The boy's topping choices are mushrooms and pineapple, yes he LOVES mushrooms. I didn't start liking mushrooms until I was way older so I find it odd that an 8 year old child loves to eat mushrooms so much.

Oh what a day, it was fun though but I think I have had my fill on carbs for some time now. But it gave us a fun project to work on inbetween chores.

1 comment:

Call Taxi said...

Excellent Post. Thanks for sharing this article... Tempo Traveller Hire