Saturday, November 28, 2009

Black Friday shopping...

Wow, I went out once years ago shopping and I never really wanted to go again. I usually would go out after the crowds died down but even if I went the time I usually go it would have been just as crazy. I remember helping my mom work "the event" at Mervyn's a couple of years in a row, I think that was more fun than shopping it.

It was fun overall because the company I went with (my baby sister Mary, Stephanie and Mandy) and it was fun to run into my older sister Norah and my mom at Target even though some how yet again I have found another way to make my mom get ornery.

Really I can't say that I bought anything that had a really great deal (I know then I am just shopping and I should have gone out another time), but I did buy most of my presents and that means I am done with one a few other little things here and there so now I don't have to worry about finding much time to shop with H around.

We hit up a number of stores Target, Micheal's, Old Navy, Shopko, Hobby Lobby, Bed Bath and Beyond and Kohl's.

Shortest wait line so was probably Hobby Lobby, even though I had one item that did not have a tag that we could find and so I didn't even know what price it was the cashier knew right away what it was so I was very impressed. BBB was probably just as short there too.

The longest wait line and by far the longest time I have ever waited in a retail line my sister ended up timing it. 52 minutes, wow! My mom and my older sister went up to one more up north and they knew the people who worked there so they got in and out.

Now most of this would have been so bad and I would have been better had I had more rest the nights before (helping me sister and the SODA Center set up for their Thanksgiving run), my coffee wore off during shopping and I just felt like I was dragging. They apparently are going to get me an IV for next year to keep me going, I would settle just for a trip to Starbucks.

We were not able to locate the megablocks that Tami (yes, another sister but don't worry last one, just three of us, she is the middle child). But my mom did, she called as we were heading home.

We got to tired to go catch a movie and relax after, but still an overall success.

I again will probably go again but not for the shopping just for the company that was kept while we were out.

H gets back on Sunday and we get to get a tree next weekend. We will also be going to the Festival of Trees again and I will be looking forward to that.