Monday, June 28, 2010

Seattle memories...

I wish my memory was better about when we took this trip but I am fairly certain he was 4. One of my favorite memories about growing up was a trip we took to Seattle. Of course this trip was really for a job interview for my dad but he took the whole family up. We actually got to stay in a hotel, truly rare considering my dad didn't fork for a hotel on the way to Pennsylvania (if we couldn't make it there with in 48 hours we weren't going on vacation there). We did get to go to the Space Needle and most importantly we got rent a VCR and watch E.T.. I know not a big deal to most but hey in a family with 5 kids doing this kind of stuff was seriously the best.

Because of these great memories I remember loving Seattle and wanting to share the experience with H. We went to their zoo and can I just say Hogle Zoo does not even compare to any zoo I have been to outside of the state, I actually cringe to go there and see them caged up and only wish that they will work on making it a better experience. I should go back because I know they have made some improvements but really I know they are nothing like anything I have seen so far.

H LOVED the Space Needle. We walked there from our hotel, it was quite a long walk but I remember having to explain to him why there were people sleeping on the street. I forget how sheltered we are and more importantly how much my little boy will need to grow up to know these things. We hit the Children's museum and there was a little carnival thing next door and everything.

Well at the zoo they had a bird exhibit, this is another one of my favorite pictures. He loved having the birds fly up to him. It was great. I hope to take him back again.



1 comment:

Norah said...

Love your trips now memory lane keep posting more. I swear I don't remember you doing some of these. I did not go on the family trip to Seattle. I can't remember why not but I stayed with the Ingles down the street.