Friday, July 31, 2009

Good memories...

While at work today I had a conversation with one of my co-workers who has been trying to get a "home" of sorts as she has moved from her previous one (I am unclear of the whole story, but I think she is going through a divorce). As we were talking she mentioned her son (now 18) will be leaving in 6 weeks for college. She told me to treasure what I have with my son because before I know it he will be gone.

This is something I already know, I see kids around the neighborhood who are just running around and for what seems all day. The thing about these kids that run around is their parents don't seem to care for where they are at and never check in with them. I am just dumbfounded with this. H knows I check in on him frequently. It makes me sad that their parents don't know where there kids are half the time.

The best part about this is H knows I like to spend time with him and want to frequently. I know he has to grow up and venturing out with his friends adds to this and as hard as it is I can't stop it. But I LOVE the fact that he loves to spend time with me. Sometimes when his friends come over he sends them away because he doesn't want to play and he wants to just snuggle with me. I secretly love this more than he can even know, but I do my mommy duty and tell him it is fine for him to go and play, "not today, there is always tomorrow or Friday (usually this is at the beginning of the week)".

I think I have done good with him and am more proud of him then any one person should be of their child. He is great, I only hope we can have this same relationship as the years go on.

Take the time to love the ones you love, it may show them the love in your heart and it will only grow and get stronger as the years pass.

No comments: