Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cooking adventure and laughs...

Ha ha ha, sorry I am still laughing at my escapade right now. So for the CSA (community sponsored agriculture) we got cabbage. I find this just a funny that everyone of my family that got one is making cabbage rolls (a childhood favorite).

I bought a thing of hamburger meat to use, also we went and got sauerkraut, tomato sauce and more cabbage so I could make the rolls. I completely underestimated how much meat that actually was! I have three fairly large size pans filled with GIGANTIC rolls (really more folded over than rolled because I was trying to get all the meat mixture I had into the cabbage I had), well lets just say that still was not enough.

My last pan was more like a cabbage roll lasagna because I was just layering because I didn't want to run out and buy anything more. But I ran out of tomato sauce! So I found one small can and used that, but in the back of my fridge was a jar of spaghetti sauce, that is now on my cabbage lasagna.

Oh good times, I try cooking but it turns to be more work than it is worth some times.

FYI, to make me feel better I went out and did something very nice for my boss so I could get the anger out of me. I get along with her personally, but work ethics wise I can't stand her anymore, it is out of control although the last two days she has done some work, but she actually did some talking to me today.

Next battle is proving that Mary DID ride on the colossus at Lagoon.

No comments: