Thursday, August 13, 2009

Stay-cation day one...


Alrighty you bloggers that are so much better at this than I am, I don't think I am doing this right because it is taking so long to do this but I did it anyway.

Instead of going anywhere for vacation we decided to do a stay-cation and do things "around the town. Today started with breakfast with Grandpa at a "mom and pop" run down joint that has good eats.

Then it was dinosaur day camp, which I just found out they really don't teach you anything about the dinosaurs, you just go and do fun things. How do I know this, let's just say kids are very honest. At least he had fun and he looked forward to getting on the playground equipment.
Although he has dug this up many times before he "found" the dinosaur eggs (see picture below). But leave to my son to be the polite one and get bullied by a toddler who was trying to bury his discovery, other than just looking at the kid he did not say one word to this kid but it was great to chuckle at the looks he gave.

Before I joined him I decided to walk around and test out my new camera. I have some pretty pictures that I took while walking on the path behind the dino park.

Let's just say that trail behind there is very sucluded and if you wanted to kill someone and dump their body in the river, I think you could get away with it.


But it was a nice little walk
and I enjoyed
testing out my new camera.









On our way home we hit up Chuck-E-Cheese's (where a kid can be a kid and yes he repeats this phrase EVERY time he talked about it today) because the boy has been talking about it forever about how he wants to go back, we had a bucket full of coins that we needed to get rid of from the
last time and a redemption ticket too.
The game to the left was a favorite, it was like jump rope with a light. He enjoyed it much.

Can I just say parents when redeeming for your prizes instead of taking 45 minutes to get through the three kids you had with you to have them choose out prizes please help them along. Again just to boast my son up he got up there and the lady was trying to be so nice because he was so patient that she was going to let him have any of the 1500 ticket prizes (he only had 1420) because he was so close and he waited for the group in front of us that I noted above AND the family that just cut right in front of us (I waved to the helper and told her it was fine because she was going to tell them to wait). But my truthful and very honest son wouldn't take the prize that he wanted with the additional points she was willing to give to him he chose out many others instead. Well it was either her was being honest or obsessive-compulsive (probably more of the latter) in saying he didn't have enough for that. Proud to say we were done at the counter in less than 5 minutes, if that.
He got some snotty nose thing, fake vomit, a transformer car toy (push and go thing) and other little knick knacks. I told him he was gross.
The last picture there was us finally home, we took the dog out for a walk and the boy was playing dead and the dog was attacking him. Good times.
More items planned tomorrow, not sure if I will get posted for tomorrow though but I will let you know all the excitement (and yes, the mean mom that I am even scheduled a dentist appointment for the stay-cation).
Where a kid can be a kid, get it, kkk-kid, chchch-cheeses. ha ha ha (yes a real quote from the boy on why Chucky-Cheese's says where a kid can be a kid).

1 comment:

Jeeran said...

Hey naughty boy. Beautiful Images... Prevents Ulcer