Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Walking advertisement...


I should get paid for my all too cute son to walk around and be a commercial for the brands we normally use. Take for example H knows we use Verizon, when AT&T commercials come on he shouts out that they are liars and because we use V it is so much better. When he sees Luke Wilson in a commercial or movie he likes to point out that is the liar from AT&T. I just laugh every time he does this, you think it would get old but it doesn't.

My favorite this past week was we decided to make spaghetti and meatballs and until I can make my own tomato sauce I am stuck buying our favorite Prego. While I was looking at their varieties H got tired and just laid down in the aisle, yes I do love my son and sometimes I need to remind myself when he does these types of things, he then looks up to me and tells me "you don't have to buy Prego". I look at him thinking that is odd, he is just as picky as I am about such things and I ask him why. "Because I eat my vegetables so you don't have to buy it unless you want."

Well then it hits me, he is saying this because of a commercial he has seen. I don't say we watch a lot of tv, but we do watch a good deal. In fact most of the week we are too busy with dinner, work and just taking care of the pets that we don't have time to, part of the reason why I got Tivo so I can be with H and watch the few shows that I do watch over time. But curse him and my baby sister for watching something once and they know it all so well inside and out. I wish I had their memory sometimes.
Just want to share one of my favorites as he has been growing up a few years ago Verizon had a monkey on the commercial while the guy walked around and asking "Can you hear me now? Good.", well that lives forever with me because H would walk around as a younger lad than he is today reenacting that commercial.


1 comment:

fmandds said...

My favorite is when he says "red robin. Yum." Mwhahahahahahahahaha! he is grrrrreat.