Saturday, July 3, 2010

Late night memories...


So one of my first memories of staying up late is when I was sick and I got to go downstairs and watch tv with my mom and dad when I was a young child. I remember that being one of the coolest things ever because I got to be alone with my parents and I got to watch their tv shows.

I remember that they were watching of the many "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies and I feel in love with them. I don't remember being scared of them and I know my love for all things scary grew from there.

I think horror movies are great, most of them have no effect on me really. Every once in a while I do have one that spooks me just enough that I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach but it has never stopped me from watching them. Usually it is the more real ones that get me (sorry you are running as fast as you can from a guy who is walking with a limp, not real, your going to out run them), one in particular that I always recall as actually scaring me is "When a Stranger Calls Back".

I would hope that my son would share in my obsession, but alas he has fallen into the others category who get too scared so you can't watch them (sorry more choose not to watch them). But I can only hope it is a phase and he will out grow that and join in watching them with me later in life. If I want to see them now I have to wait up late and watch while he is sleeping.

The picture is of my leg and the boy and us staying up late at our new house. We are in the bean bag (kind of miss that gigantic thing I should clean up and pull it out of storage). I miss those pajama pants they are what I was wearing when I went into labor with H. They recently had to retire because they just fell apart. Good times growing up.

1 comment:

Himalayan Earth Movers said...

Beautiful Article. Super Image... Kindly visit us @ Construction Equipments in Kanyakumari