Saturday, June 6, 2009

The boy is off...

I sent H to his dad's for six weeks. I can't believe he is gone for that long. I just don't know what to do when he is gone, it is like he is my identity anymore. I am sure I will find something but I just don't feel the same. I do like to do something for myself when he is gone. I usually get my hair done or something.

I get to see lots of movies when he is gone too, that is one of my favorite things to do but I don't get to do it that often because I like the scary, action packed movies and I think most of them are inappropriate and too scary for him. Whether I rent or venture out in public I do see a good number of movies while he is gone.

I also catch up on my tv because I really don't get to watch a whole lot when he is around, at least not a whole lot that is not cartoon related. Call me crazy but I like to spend time with my kid and even though he may not admit it on most days he does like it too. In fact he gave me a hard time when I was reading the Twilight series because I was not spending enough time with him.

I miss him, but I know he will have fun so I guess I will live yet again.

3 comments:

Bean said...

That would be hard to be away from your child for that long. I don't think I would be able to do that. I know he's missing you as much as your missing him. Just think of how fun it will be when you see eachother again. Have a great summer!

mama_g said...

Thanks for the encouragement, it is hard but we make it through.

Norah said...

Six weeks sounds so long! I can't imagine being separated for six long weeks although I do dream of it at times. Your a stronger woman than me.