Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Find a penny...

So on my walk out with the dog tonight I came across a shiny, new penny. Most people just throw them out or don't think they have much significance (especially not now given the recent economy left behind by a certain someone, let's just leave it at that). I on the other hand LOVE pennies. Everytime I see them I pick them up. H actually calls pennies (or any coins for that matter) wishes, because you can throw them in a wishing well.

I have done this since I was a little kid. In fact while picking up said penny tonight I remembered that I opened my first banking account at Zions with my pennies I had collected. I filled up an old popcorn tin that my brother sold while he was in boy scouts. I remember the tin very well because there was a picture of a boy on it that reminded me so much of my neighbor Brandon. I had collected $32 in pennies, really not much if you think of it but that is 3,200 pennies, so really it is alot of pennies. I now have probably about the same amount in my banking account currently but I was proud of my collection of pennies and I am glad I still collect them and remember when I was young of all the silly things I did as a kid.

Just so you know I did see Star Trek again tonight, did I mention what a great movie that is?

We are all pathetic, creepy and can't girls. That's why we fight robots.

No comments: