Friday, April 3, 2009

Bad Mood...

Okay, I am using this as a way to keep a journal so I am sorry I am going to vent about work for just a bit to get it out of my system and then I will blog about something more fun and positive because I want to have a better weekend that I did a week. Really no one needs to read this I just really needed to vent.

I normally LOVE where I work, I have worked at this company coming up on 9 years now. They have done good at treating me right and I have gotten along with many of those that I work with. My job is I pay their bills, so you know if you are behing on your bills you get phone calls looking for money. Some of those calls are nice and some are just down right mean. With us being a public company now we have to meet certain deadlines and send in report that show our financials. I must say I am really good at my job, I get things done, I don't complain, I usually way exceed any expectations that others may have of me. I have worked hard at what I do and I do it well. Lots of that comes from my parents being such hard workers in their life and part of that is because I want to make sure I take care of Hunter really well.

When I started I was making fairly good money, it was more than I was making at the pool and I was getting benefits. I know they pay exceptionally well considering I have no real education other than high school. When the situation arose I would work the overtime as necessary to get the job done. When we got bought out I don't think my then boss would have made it through it without me having the dedication I had to work well. He told me on more than one occassion how much I saved his sanity. I am quick to learn and he knew he didn't have to tell me to keep things confidential when the situation came round as well I as I anticipated what was needed and took care of it.

Well not too long after we sold our company I had to cut ties with my then vice president, it was one of the most difficult decisions I had to make because I tell you I loved this guy. He and I both cried when came time. The reason for taking the position I am in now was because I was promised a job title with a significant raise, it just would have been a better choice in the long run. I know I don't see eye to eye with my boss lady but I know deep down she really appreciates what I do and sees the same in me as my old VP. Well my new VP does not know anything about me other than I sit outside his office. In order to meet our deadlines I work late, I even come in on the weekends and really have gone above and beyond my call of duty but the title I am wanting would require such things. I really don't mind not having a raise, really just looking for some recognition as to what I do and how I sacrafice time away from Hunter in order to get it done.

There were four of us in our group, we are now down to three. To get what I need to done I have been working more than 40 a week, I would prefer to come in the weekends because at least I can bring the boy with me. I absorbed 90% of the other positions duties because I knew it had to get done. That was with the hope of us getting compensated with the salary we were no longer carrying. Well guess what they deleted the position from our group and decided that they would hire a boat load of other in the accounting group but not compensate us.

Normally I just let it be because I get paid what I get paid but you know what I feel like I have to work overtime just to keep my head above water. I am missing very important time with my son to make sure I keep the company up and running. I am just mad, mad, flaming mad right now. We got yelled out by our VP today by things that were so far out of our control and he even admitted but decided he could yell at us for the mistakes why not. I seriously just hunched at my desk all day, today was the first day in forever (even with as bad as it was with my nemesis) that I HATED my job. You name it we could not do it right this week, everything was wrong and it was our fault even if we had nothing to do with it. I almost cried, if he had been standing there at my cubicle I probably would have cried. Now he was standing at my boss lady's cubicle and she did break down and cry today. It took all my strength to keep from crying myself. But the thing was even though we were being blamed the VP even admitted it was not our fault. So why yell at us.

As I said, I am really annoyed and I am trying to put this all behind me because I want to have a good weekend and hopefully start fresh on Monday. I just neede to get it off my shoulders and hopefully me being mean to my sisters is forgiven because I know I snapped at them when I really shouldn't have.

2 comments:

Bean said...

It was nice to talk to you the little time I did.I'm sorry! My oldest daughter Lexie took over the computer and I wasn't able to finish talking to you. I hope we can talk again soon!

fmandds said...

Dude, like I've never snapped at you over things at my work. I don't hold any grudges against it. We are cool as beans.