Monday, April 20, 2009

Big day for a little boy...

I know I can't always be there for the boy. He needs to venture out and do things on his own. I still worry but part of being a parent is allowing your child to spread their wings and fly. He is riding his bike by himself to school. I have the day off so I can help with their field Trip today. As he rode off down the street I felt the tears well up, it is crazy that I can't keep him under my arms all the time. He is excited that he gets to ride his bike home from school too. It makes me feel he will be driving in no time.

Worry is like a rocking chair, it's something we do but it doesn't get us anywhere.

2 comments:

Bean said...

They grow up too fast!

mama_g said...

I know, it really seems like yesterday that he was just starting school.