Thursday, April 23, 2009

Failed attempt at cooking...

I really don't know why I keep appeasing to my sister. I am giving up some sleep just so I can blog about my failed attempt to make a homemade black bean soup. Not that it was horrible or anything just don't think it was a good idea to combine it with the what was suppose to be tacos but turned out to fajita tacos instead. Instead of pulling out the ground beef I pulled out the fajita meat to defrost. So I had some black beans to as part of the co-op share I had gotten so I wanted to try to use those with the tacos. I found a recipe on line and tried following it but when we put it in to blend it up it came out looking like a blue berry shake. H was weary about it anyway but looking at it I don't blame him for saying he was not going to try it.I did figure it got made it is getting eaten somehow. I took a scoop and I put it in the fajita meat and just used it as extra seasoning. I will choke down the rest for lunches and such. Hey I tried making something new failed miserably but tried. I can't tell the boy he can't give up before he even tries if I don't follow that example.

I miss you Big City soup, you did have the best black bean soup even though everyone at work thought I was eating crap, you filled my tummy with sustenance and nutrition.

Also shout out to the Jazz, you rock! Glad you got a win.

2 comments:

fmandds said...

I have never made black bean soup from dry beans. Only canned. I love black bean soup! Lonestar had a good one until they changed their menu.

Big City Soup was the greatest soup place ever. I never, ever had a bad soup there.

I'm glad you attempted to make such a dish. And that you took the time to blog about it. :)

Norah said...

I have the recipe for the original Lonestar black bean soup.

Great job trying Crystal! Before you know it you'll be cooking up a storm.