Saturday, April 25, 2009

Treats and tired...

So we went walking again and it was a family ordeal, my mom, both sisters, my brother-in-law and all the boys went. I was determined, even though we had to wait for Norah, that I was going to do a fast 3.2 walk. I left them in the dust. Hunter, Nathan and Noah kept up with me on their scooters. I would have them race up to a bench so they could rest and I would catch up to them and we would start again. Zach stayed back with the slow pokes. Finally the ones I was with decided they would just wait on the bench. When H and I got back to the car everytime someone came in we would start cheering, it was like our own personal 5k walk race. It was great. After I had got all the boys up on the car and I had them yell out 3.2 instead of cheese, it was fun.My other wonderful accomplishment today was the cake I have been working on. I was determined to give a co-workers son a real cake for his birthday, he has some pretty severe allergies to eggs, dairy and nuts. I was pretty confident in this cake but I am really worried now that even with all the precautions taken he will have a reaction. I am so crossing my fingers that it does not happen. We will see tomorrow.I couldn't find little dinosaurs so they are just little lizards instead. I hope he likes it. It was the easiest cake to frost because it I didn't have to worry about smoothing anything out.

Life it not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.


3 comments:

Norah said...

Lol, okay I was not the slow one but I'll take the heat. Zach was the person slowing us all down. Unless there is something he really wants he is the slowest walker ever.

fmandds said...

The cake is great! I'm so glad it worked out.

I guess I can't blog the picture now. Hmpf. Oh well I got plenty of others.

mama_g said...

blog what you want dear, it is your own page, you have your friends and own followers that will want to see it.