Friday, April 3, 2009

Easter Egg Dive Fun...

So tomorrow the South Davis Recreation Center (SoDa Center, family dubbed), formerly the Bubble, is hosting its 2nd annual egg dive. I am excited, I can't wait, hopefully my sister will still allow me to help out (and if she reads this before tomorrow I can still help tonight too), even after I snapped her head off early.

The egg dive consists of the kids going after weighted down Easter eggs, which in turn get cashed into prizes!!! I enjoy these community sponsored events and because it is at the SoDa Center I get to help out because my baby sister works there. If she did not work there I am not sure how much I would be helping out but I would try to find something to do. It is nice to be able to give back to the community. I don't have all the money in the world and I don't have all the time I would like to give but I survive. So helping out makes me feel good.

Hunter's birthday party is coming up, we get to make his birthday cake tomorrow as well. Making cakes is a little side hobby I like to do, we like to make different types of cakes, most of the time you would not be able to get ones like we make in a store. I took a class and it was just a fun thing to do. Besides that I get to control the ingredients I put in and it makes it a little healthier as well as I can make it taste a little better. I infact will be making a cake for one of my co-worker/friend's little boy who is really allergic to milk, eggs and nuts. I want to make him a cake that he will look at and think WOW and even be able to eat. I have found a number of recipes I just need to start working out all the details.

I bought H a new Nintendo DS because his broke, he is borrowing mine currently so he can still play his games when I allow him to. Also as an added bonus when we went to the planetarium over the summer we bought a few items there that are still in the trunk of my car, I am wrapping those up to give to him too. My family does not need to buy or give him anything unless they can or want, just showing up to his party will be prize enough for him.

Can't wait for the egg dive and soon the party will be here.

Remember: Everyone seems normal, until you get to know them.

4 comments:

SessionsFam said...

What a good sister and citizen you are! I hope we can make it!

fmandds said...

Update please! :)

mama_g said...

Blah, blah, blah. How about I update when you finally update yours.

Bean said...

You did a great job with the cake. I wish I could make cakes like that! I'm glad he had a very happy birthday!