Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fishing Program 2009 and Memorial Day Woes...

Okay I have noticed my titles are becoming monsterous in size, I will work on that, but most of you know I am pretty long winded so I am not sure how long that will last.

One of the good parts about having a sister who works at the SoDa Center is she keeps me up to date on programs that H might like to do. She hit the nail on the head again. They have a fishing program that is just wonderful, it teaches kids about fishing basics and safety. Most of the guys running it are retired old men that are just great with kids. H has enjoyed this class so far, he looks forward to it and he told me that "it is about patience, which you already taught me mama." Yeah, that is one we are still working on. No fish caught yet but I am not sure what we are going to do when he catches one but we will figure it out when he gets it. He is an excellent caster though, he is proud of that and spends most of the class just bringing the hook back in and casting it out.
The funniest part about the picture that is above is I totally thought he had caught a fish so the helper brought over the net and bucket to get it, well it just turns out he got stuck in the weeds near by. He made me get up for nothing, silly boy.
I just found out that my older sister and boys will be doing their own fun on Memorial Day, that is sad because we usually always get to do something together as a family. H leaves right after school gets out so he won't get to see them for a long while because he will be with his dad for 6 weeks. We will have to carry on with out them though. Miss you guys already, hope you have lots of fun.





1 comment:

fmandds said...

I am just glad to hear the fishing program hasn't suffered the fate of many of the other "him" run programs. Other than the smell and bugs the Bountiful Pond is really a pretty place.

I am still possibly trying to get our sister to continue to spend it with us. I just need her to realize that if she wants me to do all the planning then she needs to live with the fact that I'll plan it when I have the chance. Otherwise I have no problem letting her plan something.