Saturday, May 9, 2009

Wind chimes, flowers, fishing poles and colds oh my...

Well H is not feeling very well. He has a little cold and what worries me is he is complaining he can feel it in his chest. So I pulled out the humidifier and the vapor that goes along with it and set it up in his room. I made the mistake of "taking his temperature" (which really just consists of a kiss on the forehead, when it is too warm that way a real thermometer is pulled out at that point) and telling him I thought he felt a little warm. I had him sleep with the humidifier in his room with the door shut so it would work up the steam in there. This morning he kept making me feel it up more and more because he seems to think that is the only thing keeping the fever away. He stayed in his room the whole day, I felt like we were wasting such a beautiful day so I told him lets go to the store and find a fairly cheap wood chime.

Once at the store it became a whole big deal. We had to go and look at all the things he wanted to see and it wasn't until I said it was my turn he started hacking again (which really was more self induced) and he kept touching his forehead and telling me he had a fever. Finally he asked for me to kiss it to see, but by this time I was on to the plan and I told him he was fine, but it did feel a little warm again, but really he is a fairly warm little boy anyway. So I saw some more wind chimes outside, but that was where the flowers were and he just had to get his flowers for our pots at home (yes, that cough disappeared quite fast). We found a good number and his favorites were these little midnight blue flowers, but he liked them the best because "they were so blue they are purple too Mom". We will see how long the flowers last this year, usually around end of June they are all dead so all the money and time spent on them is out the window.

My sister works at the recreation center and called me up because they were offering a fishing class, so he needs a fishing pole. Well he started asking me all these questions about fishing. I have not fished since like I was a small child so my knowledge in it is very limited. But the questions never stopped, finally I just said we will have to wait and he can ask them at the class because I would hope that the one running the class will have fished before but I guess we will see. For our mother's day outing tomorrow hopefully Grandpa can put the pole together for us because I don't know what I am doing. I was very proud that the boy chose the package that came with all the hooks and stuff even though the Transformers and the Star Wars poles were looking much more enticing. He has his own little tackle box to carry it all in too.

Oh yes, as a comprise on the wind chime, because I like the sound of the reed chimes better than the metal ones, he gets to paint the birds that are on it. But it was not the expensive one that I had really wanted but it is a very good second place one. I will love it more once it has the painted touch on it.

Alas I just put the boy to bed with the humidifier again, we will see how the cough is acting in the morning, hopefully it is just a slight cold and nothing more serious. But I know there is nothing that is making me worry like I did when he was little. We have been working on drinking more so he can flush it out and got lots of vitamin C going as that works for me. I found this baby rub, couldn't find the vapor rub that my mom would rub on my chest when we were kids, I think that will help more with the chest feeling he is feeling but all is well so far, we will see.

A wise man asks questions, a fool always has the answers.

1 comment:

Bean said...

I was sick at first with the flu and now I have a head cold. I hate being sick!I hope he feels better real soon!