Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hot and tired but can't sleep, so a week in review...

Well, the heat came today. It was nice though, I have enjoyed it. I have been using a self tanner because even though I did bake myself with the baby oil when I was a kid the idea of doing that now actually frightens me. I wonder why I freak out over any new mole, it would be one thing if they were cute little freckles but mine are big and yes sometimes nasty moles. The self tanner is so I look at least some what living considering I have those really bad dark circles under my eyes because of my continued use of allergy medicine and blonde nature (although I try to hide it, still a dirty blonde).
This week was quite the week, my sister is up from Vegas. She is up with the babe and is going to take the bar exam. Wow! I told someone at work about her doing this all and she looked at me and asked "Are you serious? With a new born? Law school?". So the fact that she is still kicking and getting through this all is great. Good for her though, only wish I could help her more than I am.
I just found out yesterday that my nephew has a "girlfriend", I guess he has "written" her a letter and "mailed" it, no those quotes should be there. My older sister is toying with his emotions. But still cute. He told me he wants to kiss her the next time he sees her because he held her hand the last time he saw her. To my understanding this is just some random girl he met at the park. I am sure my sister will pipe in with her defense.
I also did a 5k on Saturday, found out that it is not a 3.2 but a 3.1, but I could go on about that for days. Thanks sis for making me look like a fool to my co-workers when I write out on my board that I am doing a 3.2 and when we talk I mention it is a 5k. All of those looks from them make much more sense. My sister did it with me, I walked the whole thing (okay started with a jog but it really didn't last too long). I thought I had completed it in an hour, well it was just over an hour. Blasted! Well it gives me a goal for next time. I want to complete one with enough time to watch H start and complete his kidsK. Also, I kept getting teared up when other parents were coming down the finish line with their all too proud kids. I don't know if I will be able to do a marathon, but maybe a half? Time will tell along with lots of exercise. Picture of us together below, she being on the left me on the right and the shadow in my face.

Also I just wanted to mention just how proud I am of my son. He had a bike rodeo this week that he was planning on going to, well first we had to fix his flat. Well I ended up popping his tube, at which time 3 neighbors came out to figure out what the loud popping sound was. I had to admit defeat to the boy, he graciously accepted the fact that it was not going to happen so then he proceeded to tell me that he will put on his own rodeo once we get it fixed. I told him we could invite his cousins over and he could get them to put on a show too, he is all too excited for this. But I was proud that he did not let it ruin his spirits. I was really proud of him and it just shows how much he is growing up. He also literally got dog piled this weekend, picture below.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

2 comments:

Norah said...

No defense from me. I have not met the little girl in question. Ruby and the twins are the only ones who met her. Normally I would not indulge him in this sort of behavior BUT he went to great lengths to write a letter that was very legible so yes I will play along. If that's what it takes to get him to work harder on his handwriting then its worth it to indulge him for the time being.
Proud of you for doing the 5k. My goal is to be able to do the Freedom walk on the 4th in Clearfield.

fmandds said...

Now I just need to find a girl to write it. I wonder if Riley would be opposed?

You were an awesome 5k'er! I see more and longer distances in your near future.