Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sisterly love, cooking and the hypochondriac son...

My little sister is the greatest, she brought over the ladder so I could get my swamp cooler working. I take pride in knowing how to take care of a few things and that makes me very self sufficient, that doesn't hold over so well when it comes to guys, they like to take care of you. I say I have had to deal with it for 8 years by myself, just be happy I don't need help with every little thing. We got mine working, of course there is some small leaking that my dad said he had taken care of last summer but it is back so guess what there is a bucket under it. Luckily it is just minor dripping so I should never really have to worry about it, it will evaporate before it becomes anything bad. Plumbing things not my forte. But none the less I feel bad we went to work on hers and hind sight is 20/20 I know how to get it working but I think she was fed up because of the day and she knew she would help our dad out with his truck. I totally can fix it now, but she won't let me.
I don't claim to be a chef by any means, but after looking at a recipe that was on my sister's blog I "adapted" the sticky chicken one. H is still trying to figure out why it is called sticky but that is the way he is, very particular about things. I made asparagus to go along with it. We had also made some corn bread muffins earlier in the day so it was a full on meal for us. I have a hard time cooking chicken at home, it just boils down to the fact of the smell, if I can smell the raw chicken even if it is cooked I can taste the raw smell. I know it is freaky but I think I have only a few random quirks when it comes to things, I have been learning to deal with them.
My lovely sister also said my son was a hypochondriac today. He has been battling this nasty cold for some time now. We finally got into the doctor because if he is going to be leaving in a couple of weeks I want to make sure he is okay before he leaves. Well it is nothing serious, he gave us a cough suppressant that will help him to sleep because by the end of the day he is just drained from the coughing. Also gave me a prescription for antibiotics that I can choose to fill if it doesn't clear up, it is cough specific. I hate drugs, I hate giving the drugs to the boy, but I understand that sometimes it is needed. Like his allergies, if I don't spray his nose and give him his pill I can guarantee he gets a bloody nose. He is so use to them he just shoves toilet paper up there and carries on, it is because he hates to tie up his hand.
Well we gave him his medicine after a lot of thinking about it and we went swimming. It had cooled down a lot and the water was about 80 degrees, but that boy has no fat on him at all so he started shivering. I asked that he get out and warm up and then he could get back in. I gave him my towel too to warm him up, I told him he could use it because he had goose bumps and the shivering wouldn't stop. He said I didn't need it because I had none, I didn't want to tell him that would be because I have all fat now. He did get back in for not even 5 minutes before he decided he was too cold. As we were walking back I noticed his eye was swelling up. I don't know what would have caused it to swell up and this picture is not even at it's worse. I gave him an allergy pill, we put eye drops in and I put an ice pack on his eye. He kept telling me how sick he was and that he needed a blanket and quarantined himself to the bedroom until his eye was better. He also thought his eye was giving him a fever. Well it finally started to go down, I was minutes away from taking him to the hospital because I thought he was having a reaction to the drugs but then I checked him again and it started to go down.
Now Mary did call him a hypochondriac but really come on, he is my son, he is not reacting any worse then what I do on any other day. I get a pimple and I think it is skin cancer. But the funny thing is I may think all these things but I never go to the doctor I just play them out in my head and read up on it online but it never really goes much further then me telling others that is what I have. Only if I can find a real valid reason will I ever find an excuse to go to the doctor.

2 comments:

Norah said...

I'm with H I have no idea why its called sticky chicken and I want to know why it got that name.

fmandds said...

Swamp cooler is working now though! Thanks for helping and you did help. But I just wanted to start helping pops because I won't be able to next weekend.

I lovingly teased that he is a hypochondriac. I just want to set that record straight. Don't forget that he claims that when his eye is swollen he sees things upside down.