Thursday, May 28, 2009

Knobby little knees...

So on a follow up visit to the doctor today we had to be seen by another doctor because our regular doctor was not in the office today. I took H back in because he has been throwing up and had not been able to keep a meal down. He advised me that we can trick the stomach into eating but putting him on a liquid diet and feeding him little bits through out the day. That way the stomach does not register that it has food in it and he will not throw up. So far he has been eating like this without much problem. He still gets an upset stomach but that is a sign for him to stop and wait for a little bit before we have more.

Honestly you look at the kid and you would not think that he is sick, he is running around like nothing it seriously just boils down to eating. He has lost 2 pounds since last Friday, that is a concern which is why we have to have a liquid diet to get some nourishment in him. He also is a little dehydrated, but I know it would be worse if I didn't make him drink from the sick bottle pretty much every 15 minutes. The doctor was impressed with that method.

I know he is still sick though because he wants to snuggle and have his "bebe" around. This one is a replacement one because the original was lost on our trip to San Diego. The cough does not sound like he is choking, just back to the original cough I went in for. I even went to the school today to pick up his class/homework so he can work on it because I am thinking by the end of the weekend he will be fine again.

On to the story of the knobby knees though, when the doctor came in I talked to him what was going on and such and he got H up on the table to push around on his stomach. No tenderness which is good, he was looking him over and mentioned his knees being knobby. Of course I have never really noticed them before for the most part because his pants and his shorts all cover them. But while being sick he has enjoyed just lounging around in his pajamas, well he has a short pair of shorts that he is wearing today and boy can you see them now. I took a picture and have it below but they poke out a lot! I wonder if he has a condition, I will research it on the internet some but then you wonder why he has the hypochondriac gene in him. ;)

If Wiley E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?

2 comments:

Norah said...

I forgot to ask if he was feeling better tonight. Glad to hear he is doing somewhat better.

fmandds said...

Hahahaha! Well of course the hypochondriac gene comes from you.

I am sorry I left the "bebe" behind in San Diego. Maybe that would've consoled me when I was driving out of that city?